Friday 29 January 2016

Rain

I was actually out in the early hours shooting images for my initial idea for assignment five, when I saw an opportunity to make an image depicting rain. It is in keeping with one of the ideas that I brainstormed, that of lights shining onto a pavement made glossy and reflective by the rain. I have used the darkness and rain featured in the image as a metaphor for a 'rainy day' in a financial sense. In the exercises brief one of the points it makes is 'don't settle for an ordinary middle-distance shot of a street in the rain'. At first glance it appears I have done exactly that, however the rain itself is not depicted, and I have used the available light to reflect off the wet pavement which then conjures the image of rain in the viewer's mind. What I did do was make a deliberate attempt to avoid the much-used 'rain drops on glass' theme that is prevailant when depicting rain.

55mm, f/11, 2s, ISO 100


No comments:

Post a Comment